Monday, September 01, 2008

I feel pissed. REALLY PISSED. MEGA PISSED.
Today just isn't my day. Everything is so damn f up.

First, if it wasn't for the damn f up ob proj, I wouldn't have gone to the library, paid 21 bucks for the membership fee just to borrow dvds and books yesterday.

Second, if it wasn't for the damn f-ing proj, I wouldn't even go to the library today and then it rained when I got out of the library and had to make a detour and got myself drenched (partially) and when I got into the damn car, the rain stopped.


Third, if it wasn't for the damn ob proj, I wouldnt even go out, let alone the library, and when I reached my house downstairs, the lift was under maintainence and I had to climb up to the 15th floor.


AND DAMN THE FUCKING LIFT you know when I climbed half way, the damn lift worked again. Each step I took I could feel the soreness under my skin.

And the NLB staff were really "helpful", in the sense that I asked if there were any autobiography books of well known business people, the man at the counter helped me checked and told me to go to the second level to find. I scanned the entire business sections, and there wasn't a single book that I wanted to find. So I went to search at the catalogue or OPAC thingy. So I was quite happy that there were some books available, according to the OPAC, so I went to find at the shelves, and to my disappointment, I couldn't find any. Maybe my searching abilities weren't good enough.


So I turned to the librarian who happened to be putting books back to shelves. I asked her if she could help me. That lady was not young, she's like about 50 plus and had thick make-up. She also had this fake eyelashes which was REALLY fake, you can just see it straight away. And she also had this thick eye liners drawn below her eyes. Anyway when I asked her, she told my dryly, "Go and use the OPAC". Some help. =.= As if I didn't know how to use it. I had the codes but couldn't find the books, and she's asking me to go to the OPAC again ? God. A moment later she came back to me and told me to search at the OPAC and I told her I had done a search, and okay here's the ironic thing. It's a library, and she's talking freaking loud. You know it's like the place was silent, and she asked me what number I was looking for and stuff, and she said "There, it's there.. you just follow the number.." and went on and on and on. It made me so embarrassed cos I felt as if she thought I haven't visited the library before. Well I didn't for years, but I did go to the library yesterday. More or less I know how to borrow or find a book.


Well I thought I could skip the monday blues, but today.. It ISN'T MY DAY.

Labels: