It was a really busy day yesterday. In the morning I folded the popiah skins to make crispy crispy and deep fried them, and next did the "mi feng wo". I was almost dead when I finished doing. Extremely exhausted. Especially when the table is so low that I have to hunch my back. =D
Then in the evening, I went 3 places to give out the barangs that me and my mom made. Went to Annch's house too, cos she made chicken pie and gave me some too ! It was really good but it could be better ! And she is very generous with her chunks of chicken ! Yum yum !
This morning I went to the temple to pray my grandparents and there were a lot of people. Since when I first went to the temple, I'm pretty amazed by the pond I always look from the top. There are lots of tortoises, but this is the first time I saw this light green turtle like beast. =X Not sure whether it's the correct description but I only know in chinese it's called "bie". I think it's called "snake-head" dunno what. See picture below.
And there's this cute little tortoise that's freaking makajiji !! Haha. And the ones on the extreme left I think they are trying to "die luo han" cos I think there were 3 or 4 tortoises on top of each other.
After that, my parents and I went to Chinatown for lunch as well as buy some ingredients for the dinner tomorrow. Lunch was "si zhup yu nan hor". Wah that stall is "lao zi hao" manz, it's freaking nice.
Went to the wet market after lunch. Not very crowded but still with a lot of people trying to do some last minute shopping and seriously they have ANYTHING you want ! Just that you have to go there early otherwise all will be sold out !
Chinatown wet market has never fail to amaze me and at the same time shock and disgust me. There are stalls where they sell live fishes, frogs (3 for $10 or sometimes 4 for $10 depending on what kind of frogs), crocodile meat, tortoises etc... ALL LIVE (except the crocs) !!! Eh, I'm not trying to kid you all but I almost wanted to email PETA the moment I get home. It's animal abuse man ! Especially to the crocs and tortoises. It's so painful to see them caged and get killed and we humans consume them. That's inhumane ! I will never eat them ! There are so many stalls doing that !!!!! Oh gosh.
I suppose tomorrow will be a long day. I have to go and walk Pepper and then go and wash the cars at dad's office. Sighs !
Anyways just in case if I don't come online tomorrow or new year's day, here's wishing all of you a very prosperous wealthy and healthy new year !
Happy "NIU" Year you guys !
Labels: ytd today tomorrow

<< Home